How to create a capsule luxury wardrobe.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve had the same pair of shoes or dress for years. I’ve been guilty of this myself—and even though I know better, it still happens. And while some people might see this as a problem (because really, who wants to wear the same thing all the time?!) others consider it a luxury: an opportunity to create something new with every purchase. That’s why I’m going to share with you how I created my own capsule wardrobe by following these steps, here is our guide on how to create a capsule luxury wardrobe.
What are capsule wardrobes?
A capsule wardrobe is a set of clothes that can be worn together. It’s not just about the number of items you own, but also how they’re organized and displayed in your closet.
A capsule wardrobe is one way to simplify your life and save money on clothing costs. If you have a lot of different styles, colors or brands in mind then creating an ‘all-in-one’ look might be ideal for you!
- A capsule wardrobe tool is a simple item that helps you keep your wardrobe organized and accessible. It’s usually made of plastic or wood and often has space for clothes, accessories, and shoes. The most common types include:
- A shoe rack (this one from Target)
- An organizer box (this one from Fringe Furniture)
- A garment bag for smaller items like blouses or sweaters
Defining your style
When it comes to defining your style, there are three things you need to know:
- What type of clothes do you like?
- What type of clothes do you not like?
- Which lifestyle fits with the way that this person dresses and how they live their life.
Creating a perfect capsule wardrobe
- Planning your capsule wardrobe
- Creating a capsule wardrobe
- How to go about creating a capsule wardrobe
The essentials, by season.
- Summer essentials
- A good pair of jeans or shorts (that you can wear year-round)
- A comfortable pair of sandals, flip flops, or sneakers (for when it’s too hot to wear heels)
- Fall essentials
- Leggings and long tees (a great way to transition into fall without having an entire wardrobe full of clothes) 3. Winter essentials
To sum up, here are the main takeaways:
- You can create a capsule wardrobe by following these steps: 1. Decide what you want to keep and get rid of, 2. Buy only new clothes that fit into your size range, 3. Try on everything once before buying it (or at least twice if it’s an expensive item), 4. Keep track of all your purchases in an online fashion database or app like Stitch Fix or Tradesy so you don’t forget where anything is when it comes time for next season’s shopping trip!
- A great way to use this knowledge is by buying yourself one nice piece each month so that when something goes out of style by the time summer rolls around again next year—you’ll already have another option ready to go! And then again after another holiday season ends up being just as fun…
I hope this article has given you some insight into what a capsule wardrobe is and how to create one. It can be a lot of fun and very rewarding, but it’s also important to remember that this is just one piece of your overall image. You should always make sure that your clothes are an extension of who you are as an individual and not just what trends happen to be popular at the time!
Read More How to wear more colour.